Marianne - far far away

Monday, January 28, 2008

Engagement

As most of you have probably heard, or should I say hopefully, at least if you're a friend and have been so for a while, me and Andreas are now engaged!

I'm just writing that again, mostly for my own sake... I am engaged

On New Years Eve, or officially the first day of the year 2008. I celebrated New Years with his family in Sweden, and slept in the guestroom dowsntairs around 2 am, after shooting off the fire works, his parents were getting ready for bed and me and his younger sister were watching television, he came to me and said he had bought me a present.
I don't know why, but the same second he said that it was as if my uncounsciousness understood what was going on because I suddenly got this adrenalin infusion and became very awake and aware.
"It's in your room" he said and nodded towards the guestroom where my bed was. I got up and giggly as I was I walked towards the room, but then I stopped and waited for him. "Go on," he said, but I was thinking that if what I thought was happening was about to happen he better be there with me! Then he said; "It's wrapped" and that was my signal... I ran into the room and couldn't really get the wrapping paper of the little box that had been lying on my pillow.
"It's not a ring" he said (very rude to kill the excitement... hehe)
...but it was!
Then he went down on one knee and said things that I hardly can remember for some odd reason, but he talked about wonderful love, rest of his life, marriage, and some other incredible things. WHat I do remember is the tingling feeling in my stomach and thinking; "It's happening! It's happening right now! Once in a lifetime"

I couldn't really wait for him to finish and kept saying "Yes, yes, yes!" and then he put the ring onmy finger.

I thought things wouldn't be different in any way. That the relationship would be the same, but it is not!

Such a great feeling of belonging, of trust, and safety... I can't imagine what it will feel like when we get married!

Now I mentioned marriage, to all you who are eager to know, it won't be until summer 2009, and probably in Sweden, Linköping (his hometown). So if you've never been to Sweden I'd recommend that you plan a trip there in 1½ year.

Thank you to all of you who have said congratulations and wished us all the best, it really warms when I am reminded of all the good friends I have all over the world.

MY RING!

from Schalins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home