Marianne - far far away

Monday, July 14, 2008

a wedding

When you are going to a wedding there's a lot of etiquette rules and common sense to remember. Since the hapyp couple didn't announce any dress code in their invitations (and I personally think all of these "wedding rules" are a bit ridiculous) you don't really know what to wear. But you want to look nice. I prefer not knowing though, to the black tie or evening dress style parties where you end up bying a dress you'll probably neverwear again.
But as I said there are certain wedding faux pas'es:
You are not supposed to wear all white (only the bride) you are not supposed to wear all black (only for funerals) and you are not supposed to wear all red. You probably didn't know about this last one, or at least I didn't, but apparently if you're wearing red it means you're the grooms mistress/lover. Haha I didn't know about that, but maybe that's just in Sweden. (Found this info on a Swedish website)

Here's what I wore for their wonderful day. Dress from Warehouse
...argh I should have worn red.

The wedding and the reception was just amazing. Taylor was so genuinely beautiful and Filip was handsome in his suit with all his merry men.
I had a great evening with good food, great people (feel I have to mention Taylor's parents, wow, nicer people will be hard to find), dancing, and reunion of some old Newbold folks.

Taylor was my roommate this last year. We lived in room 23 in Schuil house and had a great time, or at least that is my personal opinion. ;) She is such an easygoing person with so much care and compassion for other people, a trait I find desirable and admirable. I am so happy for her now, but a the same time, the selfish part of me is a bit jealous on Filip, for a better roommate or not to mention lifepartner, is hard to find. I'll miss you, you little goof :)


Thank you soo much to the hosts and to the couple for everything.
A few pictures...

2 Comments:

  • This is really sweet of you and well-written, Marianne.

    You, too are a wonderful person and it's your turn next (wedding), ahhh!!!! Have you picked a venue yet? I know it's a year away, but you know.

    I've been mildly interested (obsessed) in wedding style lately and came accross this blog in which has some of the most beautiful color schemes and ideas, just thought I'd share!

    http://snippetandink.blogspot.com/

    I hope you're doing well, I haven't talked to you in a while, but I decided to start my own public blog to procrastinate about.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 20:52  

  • Hi girl!
    Well I think I have picked a venue, but its not booked yet. Andreas is going home to Sweden in two weeks and then he'll have a proper look... we've only seen pivtures so far. And hopefully book the place. AAARGH! :D it's soo exciting.
    So what's the webaddress for your blog?

    By Blogger Marianne Lamberth, At 16:54  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home