Marianne - far far away

Friday, February 27, 2009

flapjacks

At Bracknell College they have these absolutely delicious flapjacks in the cantine. It is the tastiest thing they offer on campus I'm sure. It has become tradition now for me to buy one piece during the coffee break. But yesterday I got cravings for more, and so I made my own flapjacks for the first time in my life.

After thinking for a while and looking online for something that might end up tasting similar to what they have in the college cantine, this is my recipe that turned out really good.

Ingredients:

150g butter
1dl golden sirup
1dl demerara sugar
½dl brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
a pinch of salt
(some marshmallows if you like)
5dl rolled oat

Put everything except for the oats in a pot on low heat, when it has all melted and become a creamy substance take the pot of the heat and pour in the rolled oats. Stir.
Put onto a baking tray, press out to about 1-2cm thick. Put in the oven for 15-20 min. For a crunchy flap jack heat the oven to 200*C if you prefer a more chewey version (like I do) 150*C is perfect.

After 15-20 min take out and let it cool. Cut up into square pieces. I like them the best when they are still lukewarm.

You can vary it by adding raisins or nuts, or make a topping by melting some milk chocolate and spread over it.



Good luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home