Marianne - far far away

Monday, February 23, 2009

swedish class cancelled

And so it happened... I feared it would, and it did. Not enough students. Well at the end of the semester only 3 of them showed up regularly. There were only 5 students. we were hoping to get one more, but now they've closed us down. The department manager asked me if I was willing to teach a class again in the autumn, and I've said yes to that. But we will see if I'll get enough students next time around.

Some of them want personal tutoring, and some of them wants us to continue to meet somewhere else. So perhaps I will be able to get some money in on teaching anyways. I am a bit scared of personal tutoring though, it's a totally different dynamic and relationship with the student. Plus I have no idea what to charge.

Other than that, the PTLLS course really sucks. I usually wouldn't describe a degree in education that way, but this is really beyond what I thought it would be. So far I don't feel I have learnt anything. It is interesting that they are not so keen on teaching me techniques that would be useuful to my students, as they are on feeding me how to do the paper work and know the health and safety rules of the college. I can't help but feeling it's a waste of time, and that it won't make me a better teacher in any way. Which was what I had been hoping for. Oh well, I have 3 assignements for this Thursday. Hopefully I will get them done.

We have moved all of Andreas things into the new apartment now. Hopefully we will go to IKEA tomorrow. I LOVE IKEA! It's the best place when you feel a little homesick, and you can get Marabou chocolate and Ahlgrens bilar. Yummy! Not that candy is the only thing I miss about Sweden, but it sure is one of the top rankers on the list.

I will put up pictures of the new apartment as soon as I've taken some =)

2 Comments:

  • Hah, jag är sämst på att komma ihåg om jag svarat eller inte :)

    Jo, jag vet.. Finns en del lustiga kommentarer, men de flesta är trevliga i alla fall :)

    Hur är allt med dig?
    Hur går det att planera din stora dag?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 07:25  

  • Those pictures are beautiful!!! Especially the first one.. A very good description too......
    Melbourne Flights
    Flights to Perth
    Perth Flights

    By Blogger Unknown, At 09:20  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home