Marianne - far far away

Monday, March 02, 2009

the new apartment

Okay, so now I've uploaded tons of pictures to facebook from the apartment. Go have a look. What a transformation.
I remember first time I went in there, when Helen was still living there. Wall to wall carpets EVERYWHERE. Dark blue in the kitchen and burgundy red AND grey in the bedroom (yes two different colours in the same room) and then of course the PINK in the bathroom.

First thing we did was rip out all the carpets, and the college agreed for us to get laminate flooring. So now we have oak laminate floor in bedroom, lounge, and hallway. Kitchen and bedroom is vinyl.

Tuesday evening we went to IKEA and got tons of stuff. Most of today we've spent putting together the furniture we got and putting up curtains and curtain rods. And now I think we're getting close to having a nice looking apartment. I still need a few things for the hall way, and really want a new shower curtain, but sitll haven't found a nice looking one. But I guess you can't find everything at once, and I have the rest of my life to be collecting cute things I love =) It took all day to get it all done. We finished around 11pm. And my feet hurts so bad now. But I feel like it made a huge difference. So now that the appartment is almost in place I can start focusing on wedding planning again.





In the album on facebook there is both before and after pictures. So go have a look

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home